3-ingredients Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1 Spaghetti Squash (medium size)
- 1 cup pasta sauce (adjust according to preference)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (adjust according to preference)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Optional: fresh garlic (fresh chopped basil , dried oregano or Italian seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with olive oil or cooking spray.
- With a sharp knife, carefully cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. With a spoon, gently remove seeds and discard. Place spaghetti squash cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes or until a fork can pierce the shell easily.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. With a fork, loosen and separate spaghetti squash strands from shell. Reserve shells.
- Place strands in a bowl. Mix strands with pasta sauce (and additional spices, if you wish). Adjust the amount of sauce you use based on your own preference. Spoon mixture back into the empty shell. If you have enough strands, you may be able to separate the mixture into each of the two shells, but you may also be able to spoon the entire mixture into just one of the shell halves. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted, bubbly, and slightly browned. Spoon and serve directly from shell.
Great for lunch or dinner. It is gluten-free.
(This recipe is originally from homecookingmemories)