3-ingredients Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups favorite salsa
- salt and pepper
- (optional: fresh lime wedges for serving)
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker and cover with salsa. Toss until the chicken is covered.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 6-8 hours), or until the chicken shreds easily with a fork. Shred the chicken in the slow cooker and toss with the remaining salsa and juices until well-mixed. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days. (This chicken also freezes well.)
- *You can really use just about any cut of chicken for this recipe. For easy shredding though (so that you don’t have to mess with bones), I recommend boneless chicken breasts or thighs. This should be about 2 lbs of chicken total.
Salsa chicken would work perfectly on any other Mexican chicken dish – quesadillas, taquitos, salads, chimichangas, etc. Great for lunch or dinner.
(This recipe is originally from gimmesomeoven)