Paleo Hash Brown Nests
- 1 sweet potato (medium size), washed and peeled
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 400°F and grease 4 cups in a regular-sized muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Using a coarse cheese grater, grate the sweet potato into a medium sized bowl. Using your fingers, line the 4 greased muffin tins with the sweet potatoes, pressing the sweet potatoes up against the sides to make a “crust”.
- Bake the sweet potato crusts for 5-8 minutes, making sure not to burn the sweet potatoes.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and carefully crack an egg in each mini-crust. Place the muffin tin back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the egg whites are opaque (be careful not to overcook). Allow the egg nests to cool before removing from the muffin tin.
Ideal grab-and-go protein breakfast, using only 2 ingredients. Great for those on paleo diets.
(This recipe is originally from PaleoHacks)