2-ingredients Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds potatoes
- ¼ cup sour cream or full-fat Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch pieces. Put them in a large saucepan, add 2 tablespoons salt, and cover them by 1 inch of cold water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to medium and let cook until piercing with a fork yields no resistance, about 10 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Mash the potatoes over low heat using a potato masher or wooden spoon until completely mashed.
- Vigorously stir in the reserved potato water, adding 1 tablespoon at a time until the potatoes are smooth and come together (you will use about 1/2 cup). Stir in the sour cream, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
No butter, healthy, with only 2 ingredients! Have it with your mains or on its own. A quick enjoyable mash potatoes dish that is simply delicious and love by many.
(This recipe is originally from NYTimes)