3-ingredients Guacamole Recipe
- 3 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 tbsp (45 ml) fresh-squeezed lime juice and freshly grated zest from 1 lime
- Fine sea salt
- Scoop the flesh from the avocados with a spoon into a bowl.
- Add the lime zest, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Press down gently on the avocado mixture with a potato masher or back of a wooden spoon until it's creamy with some visible chunks.
- Taste for seasoning. Add more lime juice and salt to taste.
- Use ripe Hass avocados in this recipe. It’s usually the variety you’ll find in most markets and grocery stores.
- Don’t be shy about adding salt. It works magic with the fatty avocado and the bright acidity in the lime juice.
- Serve within one day for best quality.
- To keep it fresh, squeeze a few more drops of lime juice over the top and cover tightly with plastic.
Enjoy with chips. You can also jazz up with some simple ingredients, adding to guacamole:
- Finely chopped red onion
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Sliced or finely chopped hot green chili, like a jalapeño or serrano.
(This recipe is originally from familystylefood)