2-ingredients Donuts Recipe
Under 30mins, yeast-free and no kneading required
- 3 cup (360g) self-raising flour
- 1½ cup (375ml) yoghurt or buttermilk
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and yoghurt. Mix and knead lightly to form a soft dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a well-floured board. Press out the dough to about ½ inch / 12mm thickness and cut out using a donut or cookie cutter.
- In a deep-frying pan or pot, heat up oil to deep fry the donuts.
- To check whether the oil is hot enough, fry a little bit of dough in the oil. You will know when the oil is ready if the dough turns a golden brown and floats to the top. Carefully drop the donuts into the oil. Allow the donuts to fry for about 1 minute per side or until golden brown.
- Transfer the cooked donuts onto a plate lined with paper towels. If you are coating the donuts in cinnamon sugar, then this is best done while the donuts are still warm. The sugar holds on better to the warm donuts
- Add your favourite toppings.
- These are best eaten on the same day on which it has been prepared
- If you do not have self-raising flour, then make your own. For each cup of flour, whisk together with 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Make sure to whisk all of these ingredients together well so that the baking powder and salt are both evenly distributed within the flour.
Enjoy Donuts with only 2 ingredients! No yeast, great with your favourite toppings. Have them for breakfast or afternoon tea!
(This recipe is originally from TheGardeningFoodie )