6-ingredients Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
- 4 oz (113g) bittersweet chocolate
- 4 oz (113g) butter
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Instant coffee or espresso powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C. Generously butter and dust 5 ramekins with cocoa powder or sugar; set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter in 30-second increments.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy. Whisk in the melted chocolate along with the flour, vanilla, and instant coffee if desired.
- Divide batter into ramekins and place them on a baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes or until the edges begin to pull away from the ramekins but the center is still jiggly.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with ice cream.
Molten lava cakes filled with a silky gooey chocolate filling. These lave cakes are super easy to make with just 6 ingredients in under 30 minutes.
(This recipe is originally from gimmedelicious)