2-ingredients Bread Rolls Recipe
No yeast, no kneading required!
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Make dough: Add the flour and yogurt to the bowl of your mixer and mix on medium speed using the dough hook until the dough comes together and comes clean from the side of the bowl. If you don't have a mixer, add the ingredients to a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined, then use your hands to knead the dough a few times until smooth and comes together.
- Flour your work surface well and place the dough on the floured surface. Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces using a dough cutter or a sharp knife, then roll each piece into a roll. Using a sharp knife make a couple small incisions on the top of each bun, that’s about 1/4 inch deep. This is purely to make the dinner rolls look nicer.
- Place them in a buttered cast iron skillet or oven safe skillet and transfer them to a preheated oven at 350˚F (175˚C) and bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Dough too sticky: Add a tablespoon of flour at a time, until smooth and workable.
- Make ahead: Tightly wrap the dough with plastic wrap. You can also cut it up into portions and wrap them up individually. The dough will last 3 days refrigerated or 1 month frozen.
- Whether you’ve stored the dough in the freezer or fridge, let it slowly warm up on the counter to room temperature, still wrapped, before using it.
Enjoy Bread Rolls without yeast! The dough will last 3 days refrigerated or 1 month frozen. Great for breakfast or have them with your mains.
(This recipe is originally from JoCooks )