2-ingredients Apple Juice Chicken Recipe
- 1½ cup apple juice
- 1½ lbs (or 6 medium) chicken thighs, skinless
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Heat a deep pan over medium heat.Add the juice first and bring to a low boil.
- Add in the chicken and sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper.Lower everything to a simmer and cover the pan, cooking for 15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over.Partially cover the pan and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Pop the lid up so that a significant amount of steam can escape, allowing the apple juice to reduce down and thicken (the heat should be high enough that the juice is bubbling softly).
- Cook for another 10-20 minutes until the juice is thick and syrupy, turning the chicken every 10 minutes or so.
- Watch it closely for the last 2-3 minutes, as it can burn quickly.
- Remove from heat once the chicken is cooked through and the juice resembles honey in consistency.
Delicious, juicy and sweet chicken with only 2 ingredients! Enjoy for lunch or dinner. Works well with apple cider juice too.
(This recipe is originally from OatmealWithAFork)